What would they be? For the sake of ignoring reality forego the basics like breathing, eating and sheltering. Let’s also rule out people and pets. This Top 10 list is concerning 10 things you could live without if you really, really had to but….
Here are mine:
- NPR – I’m a loyal listener to the end (even through fund raiser week.)
- Plants – the more the merrier.
- Socks – for years, like my children, I was a barefooter. Then one day (I think it was the day of the birth of my aforementioned first born,) socks = security. They don’t have to be fancy or cute socks, just plain old white crews. Happy feet!
- Cargo pants – the epicenter of geeky organization.
- A car – I know a lot of folks who don’t have one and they seem quite content but to me automobile = independence.
- Books – Confession, I haven’t read all the books I own. I’m looking for that magic device that will allow the contents of each unread book in my library to instantly drain into my brain upon contact with the top of my head.
- The Black Hills – It matters not the time of year, the Black Hills have an undeniable magnetism not just for me but for many.
- A mini arsenal of tech toys (not to be confused with the gargantuan collection of ‘glee’ in Dylan’s possession.)
- Laughter – wit and humor is very close in value to the ability to breathe.
- Football – I watched SuperBowl I with my dad, need I say more?
How about you? What’s on your ‘must have’ list?